Lemon supreme pie recipe is a go to favorite for our family any time of the year. The delicious crispy pie crust coupled with the creamy lemon layer and the silky-smooth lemon layer, topped with delicious, whipped cream makes for a wonderful tasting pie. Springtime and summertime lend themselves to the refreshing flavor of lemon. This is one pie that you’re sure to enjoy no matter the season.
9 inch pie plate
Baker’s Square Lemon Supreme Pie Recipe
Baker’s square is a casual dining restaurant located in the Midwest, that is known for its Lemon Supreme Pie, among other flavors.
Recipe: Lemon Supreme Pie (Baker’s Square)
Baker’s Square website describes their lemon supreme pie recipe as being “layers of tangy lemon filling and cool, creamy supreme filling inside their flaky golden pie crust, then topped with real whipped cream.”
If you want to use some frozen whipped topping that you’ve thawed out for this pie, we won’t judge you. But if you have access to real heavy whipping cream, using it on top of this pie and even in the creamy cream cheese layer is going to make this pie rich and the flavor to die for! It makes such a difference in the quality. Or at least that’s our opinion.
Lemon Supreme Pie Chill Time
It’s important to allow the pie time to chill before serving it. Otherwise, you could be cutting into a warm soupy mess. Allowing it time to cool, will allow it time to setup and you’ll actually be able to make real slices.
To chill your pie, place it in the refrigerator for an hour or two until it’s completely cooled and setup. Then add your whipped cream. Adding whipped cream while the pie is still hot will cause the whipped cream to melt and turn to liquid.
If you’re in a hurry, you can speed up the chilling process by placing the pie in the freezer. It will only need 15 to 20 minutes, if you choose this method. Be careful of placing hot glass pans directly from the oven to the freezer which could cause them to crack.
Creamy Lemon Supreme: Dig Into A Work of Tart
This pie is not your average lemon pie, nor is it your average lemon meringue pie. Yes, the lemon flavor is so delicious, but the creamy aspect is what makes this pie in our opinion. Blending the cream cheese, confectioner’s sugar and the heavy cream into a smooth mixture that is rich and creamy is so wonderful. It’s what sets this pie apart.
Please note that nutrition information can vary based on the ingredients used as well as the brand of each ingredient. We estimate that this recipe contains 8 servings. Therefore, the nutrition facts are based on one-eighth of the recipe. Following is the estimated nutrition data:
Total fat 24.9g
Saturated fat 12.9g
Sodium 282 mg
Total Carbohydrate 62.6g
Dietary Fiber 0.5g
Total Sugars 43.6g
Have a Heart to Tart
Frequently Asked Questions
The following are questions that are asked frequently in regards to our Lemon Supreme Pie Recipe. If you have additional questions, please post them in the comments below.
Can I Make Lemon Supreme Pie Recipe Ahead?
Yes, you can make this delicious pie the night before, however the crust has the potential of becoming soggy when this pie is made ahead. For best results, make it the same day just a few hours before you intend to serve it, and allow enough for it to properly chill.
How Long Does It Last?
We are guessing that you’re not too likely to have leftovers, but if you do you can store them in the refrigerator for up to 3 days, or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
How Do I Store Lemon Supreme Pie?
Because this pie contains some dairy content, the best way to store it is in the refrigerator. Cover the pie with plastic wrap so that it doesn’t dry out or transfer it to an airtight container before moving it to the refrigerator.
Can I Freeze Lemon Supreme Pie?
Yes, you can freeze lemon supreme pie. However, when products that include diary such as this are frozen, they can change consistency. It is possible that the creamy and lemon layers will become crystalized.
How Do I Make The Lemon Supreme Pie?
To make this delicious Lemon Supreme Pie recipe, follow our step by step instructions below. The outcome will be a wonderfully tasty treat that can be enjoyed any time of year with those around your table.
Following are the ingredients that are needed to create our Lemon Supreme Pie Recipe:
SingleSingle Pie Crust Pastry for deep-dish pie (9 inches):
1 cup all-purpose flour
½ tsp salt
1/3 cup shortening
4 to 5 tbsp cold water
Cream Cheese Filling:
1 (11 ounces) cream cheese, softened
¾ cup confectioners’ sugar
1 ½ cups whipped topping
2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
1 ¼ cup sugar, divided
6 tbsp cornstarch
½ tsp salt
2 tsp lemon peel grated
4 drops yellow food coloring
½ cup fresh lemon juice
1 ¼ cups water
Step by Step Preparation Instructions:
Single Pie Crust:
1. Using a food processor or stand mixer, mix together flour, salt and shortening. Slowly add water depending on the consistency.
2. Mix until ingredients are thoroughly blended, and dough pieces are pea sized.
3. On a lightly floured surface, use your hand and a rolling pin to roll it flat.
4. Place the single crust inside a pie pan. Poke holes in the crust and bake at 375F degrees for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
Cream Cheese Filling:
1. Using a stand mixer, blend together softened cream cheese and confectioner’s sugar until it has somewhat of a whipped consistency.
2. Add heavy whipping cream whipped topping and blend together until well mixed.
3. Add lemon juice for flavoring and mix well.Pour into baked pie crust and smooth to spread.
1. In a saucepan, combine sugar, cornstarch and salt.
2. Stir in water; bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat and add remaining sugar.
3. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Remove from the heat.
4. Stir in butter, lemon peel and food coloring if desired. Gently stir in lemon juice (do not over mix). Cool to room temperature, about 1 hour. Spread on top of the cream cheese layer.
Piped Cream Topping:
1. Use a piping bag with star tip to pipe the remaining cream topping as a decorative addition to the top of the pie.
2. Chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes until the pie is set. Slice, serve and enjoy.