Outback Broccoli and Cheese Recipe is a delicious way to serve broccoli. It includes a wonderful homemade cheese sauce with seasonings that tastes just like the version that can be ordered at Outback Steakhouse.
Even the pickiest of eaters will enjoy this delicious dish. Seriously. One of my kids doesn’t really care for vegetables and I encouraged her to try this. She scarfed it right down and asked for more. It’s a win at our house. We trust it will be at your house too.
What Do I Need to Make Broccoli and Cheese Sauce?
The Outback Steakhouse Broccoli and Cheese Recipe uses everyday household equipment and ingredients. It is nothing out of the ordinary. Everything should be able to be purchased at. Your local grocery store. Here’s the list.
2 Medium sized pots
Broccoli or broccolini
Sharp Cheddar Cheese
Shredded Cheddar Cheese
Heavy whipping cream
What is Broccoli And Cheese Sauce?
Broccoli and cheese sauce is a delicious side dish served at Outback Steakhouse. It includes large pieces of fresh broccoli smothered in a seasoned homemade thick cheese sauce.
Cheese Broccoli Q&A
1. What are the benefits of eating broccoli?
Broccoli includes a lot of vitamins and minerals that are beneficial, such as vitamins A, C, K, B9 and Potassium, Phosphorus, and Selenium. Broccoli also contains antioxidants that help fight diseases.
2. Can I blanch broccoli in the microwave?
You can. If you prefer to do it in the microwave, just place the broccoli in a microwave safe bowl and cover it with water. Microwave until the broccoli turns bright green and becomes slightly tender, but not mushy.
3. What should I eat with broccoli and cheese sauce?
Most any meat or potato kind of meal goes great. Think about salmon, ham, pork chops, a Thanksgiving Turkey, a Prime Rib, loaded baked potato, to name a few.
4. How many servings does this recipe make?
This recipe makes enough to serve 4-5 people, depending on the serving size.
What Should I Serve With Broccoli and Cheese Sauce?
Broccoli and cheese sauce goes well with most any meat or potato kind of meal. Here are our thoughts for the perfect compliments:
Loaded Baked Potato
How To Store Broccoli and Cheese Sauce?
You can store this dish in your refrigerator for up to 3 days. Store in an airtight container for best results.
How To Reheat Outback Steakhouse Broccoli?
Your broccoli and cheese sauce can be reheated in the conventional oven, microwave, or on the stovetop. Just be careful not to burn it or let it dry out.
What Does It Mean To Blanch The Broccoli?
In order to blanch broccoli, you will want to bring a pot of water to boil. Add the broccoli to the water and allow it to cook for only one minute. This will make the broccoli turn bright green and make it just soft enough to chew. Once the broccoli is removed from the heat, submerse it immediately in an ice bath, which will help to stop the cooking. Drain well with a strainer. Draining it well is an important step too or your cheese sauce will become quite soupy when added to the broccoli.
Can Outback Broccoli and Cheese Recipe Be Made Gluten Free?
Yes. Just substitute the all-purpose flour with a good 1 to 1 gluten free all-purpose flour. Then you’re all set with a delicious dish for those who require a gluten-free diet.
Keto Oven Roasted Broccoli and Cheese
If you’re looking for a Keto version of this recipe, you can simply use broccoli florets or spears and place them in an oven safe baking dish. Sprinkle with salt, garlic powder, shredded cheddar cheese and roast them at 400 for about 10-12 minutes, or until desired doneness is achieved. It will fit your Keto diet perfectly.
Broccoli Cheese Casserole
Another recipe variation is to make the dish as a casserole. Place the recipe below in an oven safe dish. Add bacon pieces and French-fried onions on the top. Bake as directed. Serve warm and enjoy!
How to Make Outback Broccoli and Cheese Side
Outback broccoli and cheese recipe is made by blanching fresh broccoli and drenching it a thick, homemade cheese sauce. Then baking it until it becomes hot and bubbly. It is a wonderfully delicious way to enjoy broccoli and tastes just like the real deal served at Outback Steakhouse.
2 lbs broccoli or broccolini
2 tbsp All-purpose flour
2 tbsp Butter
½ tsp Paprika
½ tsp Garlic Powder
¼ tsp Onion Powder
¼ tsp Pepper
¼ tsp Salt
8 oz Sharp Cheddar Cheese
Shredded Cheddar Cheese
1 cup whole milk
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1. Wash broccoli and cut it into broccoli spears. Set aside.
2. In a saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Add flour and whisk together until well combined.
3. Add whole milk and heavy whipping cream, continue to stir with the whisk until thickened.
4. Shred 8 ounces of Sharp Cheddar Cheese. Add to mixture, stirring from the bottom so that it doesn’t burn. Stir until cheese is melted. Remove from heat.
5. Blanch broccoli and drain well.
6. Place broccoli in an oven safe baking dish. Pour cheese sauce over broccoli and top with shredded cheese.
7. Bake for 3-4 minutes at 400 degrees, until cheese begins to bubble. Serve hot and enjoy!
Outback Broccoli and Cheese Recipe: Copycat
- 2 medium sauce pans
- 2 lbs broccoli or broccolini
- 2 tbsp All-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp Butter
- ½ tsp Paprika
- ½ tsp Garlic Powder
- ¼ tsp Onion Powder
- ¼ tsp Pepper
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 8 oz Sharp Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese, to sprinkle on top
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Wash broccoli and cut it into broccoli spears. Set aside.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Add flour and whisk together until well combined.
- Add whole milk and heavy whipping cream, continue to stir with the whisk until thickened.
- Shred 8 ounces of Sharp Cheddar Cheese. Add to mixture, stirring from the bottom so that it doesn’t burn. Stir until cheese is melted. Remove from heat.
- Blanch broccoli and drain well.
- Place broccoli in an oven safe baking dish. Pour cheese sauce over broccoli and top with shredded cheese.
- Bake for 3-4 minutes at 400 degrees, until cheese begins to bubble. Serve hot and enjoy!
Leave Us A Comment!
Have you tried this recipe? Leave us a star rating in the comments below and let us know what you think.
You might also like:
Strawberry Fields Salad Culvers Copycat Recipe
The Best Scalloped Potato Roll Recipe
Canned Tuna Fish Taco Recipe
The Best Copycat Panera Bread Cinnamon Roll
Hershey’s Sundae Pie Recipe: Super Easy
Chicken Basket Fried Chicken Recipe
Marie Callender’s Copycat Banana Cream Pie Recipe
Copycat Carrabba’s Chicken Parmesan Recipe
Better Than Frozen Corn Dogs Recipe