Check out these 4 Easy Ways To Go Mustard Green! Mustard greens are very good, but sometimes it can be a struggle to determine how to prepare them. Give these simple ideas a try to get your fill of delicious mustard greens.
4 Easy Ways To Go Mustard Green
1. Mustard green pesto is a great way to use your mustard greens, with multiple uses. To make simply combine 1 cup mustard greens, 1/2 cup basil, 3 cloves garlic, 1/4 cup walnuts, 1/4 tsp salt, and 1/4 cup olive oil pulse in a food processor until mostly smooth. Mix with pasta, pesto soup, or even to top homemade pizza.
2. For the second idea, barely cook the mustard greens. A few options using this process are:
– Toss your greens with hot dressing
– Fold into a hot dish, such as beans or pasta
– Pour boiling water over whole leaves that have been trimmed. Allow to sit for a moment before removing leaves and using for wrapping.
3. A third idea for mustard greens involves cooking for a short amount of time. Here are two ideas for you that only take 5 minutes to cook.
– In a pan add chicken broth and bring to a boil. Add greens and boil no more than 5 minutes. Remove while still tender, for deliciously juicy, tender greens.
– Steam leaves to obtain a good flavor and heat.
4. Last, we sometimes enjoy the fresh kale salad you can pick up from Costco or Sam’s Club. Try mixing in some fresh mustard greens to get a little hotter flavor!
Try these delicious, yet simple ideas for incorporating mustard greens into your diet today. They will help to liven up the food you prepare in your kitchen and add a lovely pop of green as well. Taste them and let us know what you think!
What is your favorite mustard greens recipe?